Today I discovered a delicious, healthy alternative to popcorn! Crunchy chickpea balls that are delicious to snack on, and could be an interesting addition to green salad.
- If you’re using canned chickpeas, make sure to drain them thoroughly before use, otherwise prepare your chickpeas as per usual.
- Place your chickpeas in a baking tray and under the grill in the oven.
- Leave to grill, stirring every 5-10 minutes
- Grill until chickpeas are golden brown and crunchy. Nyum!
The best thing about salads is the wide variety of ingredients that can be tossed together to make the perfect meal.
This variation of chickpea salad is very simple, but very tasty.
- 1 Can Chickpeas
- 1 Handful of Cherry Tomatos
- 1 Green Pepper
- Spring Onion
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Drain the can of chickpeas and place into a medium bowl
- Dice the green pepper, spring onion and cucumber. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half
- Add the vegetables to the chickpeas and mix in some balsamic vinegar
- Simple, healthy and NYUM!
Homemade breakfast mixes are a lot more healthy than store-bought cereals that contain loads of sugary nonsense.
My morning yogurt mixes vary, but this is a great one if you wake up with a sweet tooth or have fruit in the house that needs eating.
- Plain, low-fat yogurt (or double cream, depending on your taste)
- 1 Nectarine
- Sunflower and hemp seeds
- Raw oats
- Cut the nectarine into chunks
- Mix the yogurt, seeds, oat and fruit in a bowl
- Enjoy a healthy, satisfying start to the day!
Need a quick, healthy alternative to your traditional green salad?
Get your hands on a grater and lets go!
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 60ml balsamic vinegar
- In a large bowl, mix together the balsamic vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper
- Grate the cucumber into the bowl and mix thoroughly with the vinegar mixture