Today I discovered a delicious, healthy alternative to popcorn! Crunchy chickpea balls that are delicious to snack on, and could be an interesting addition to green salad.
- If you’re using canned chickpeas, make sure to drain them thoroughly before use, otherwise prepare your chickpeas as per usual.
- Place your chickpeas in a baking tray and under the grill in the oven.
- Leave to grill, stirring every 5-10 minutes
- Grill until chickpeas are golden brown and crunchy. Nyum!
Need a quick, healthy alternative to your traditional green salad?
Get your hands on a grater and lets go!
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 60ml balsamic vinegar
- In a large bowl, mix together the balsamic vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper
- Grate the cucumber into the bowl and mix thoroughly with the vinegar mixture
For breakfast, or lunch, or both, you can never go wrong with this recipe!
(In the worst case scenario your omelet will turn into a delish egg mush!)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Avocado
- A handful of grated cheddar cheese
- Spring onion
- Olive oil
- A splash of water (say 30ml)
- Aromat, or salt and pepper to taste
Alternative/Extra Ingredient Ideas:
- (Fried) mushroom
- Green Pepper
- In a bowl, beat the 2 eggs with water until solid pale yellow colour is formed
- Cut the tomato into 4 strips. Dice 3 of these into small chunks, leaving one for later frying
- Chop the spring onion into small pieces and slice the avocado into strips
- Place some olive oil into a pan and place on high-heat
- When the pan is properly heated, pour the egg mixture into the pan, equally distributed so that it looks like an egg pancake.. yum
- Leave to heat. When the mixture starts to cook through, place your grated cheese, diced tomato and spring onion onto ONE SIDE of the egg pancake. Leave to cook for 2-3 minutes
- When the egg looks nearly cooked, fold half of the pancake over the filling ingredients and leave to cook for another 2 minutes. When finished, remove from heat
- In the same pan, fry the tomato slice on both sides
- Serve the omelet with the fried tomato and avocado strips!
Want to prepare a gourmet meal to satisfy your taste buds, but keep it simple?
This recipe ticks all three boxes: easy, satisfying and filling!
Ingredients may vary depending on your preferences and availability
- Wholewheat wraps
- Plain Feta
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Basil Leaves
- Rocket Leaves
- Kidney Beans
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Chickpeas or mixed beans
- Green Pepper
- Grated Carrot
- Dice the onion and fry in olive oil until caramelized
- Cook the butternut:
- Option 1:
- Stab holes into the butternut. Make sure this is done thoroughly to allow the butternut to cook well
- Place on a microwave-friendly plate
- Place in the microwave for 15-20 minutes depending on the size of the butternut. Rotate every 5 minutes
- Butternut should be soft when finished
- Option 2:
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Place the butternut in aluminum foil and roast for 45 minutes-1 hour
- Alternatively, chop the butternut into small pieces and place into tray
- Sprinkle with olive oil and allow to roast for 40-45 minutes
- Cut your tomatoes, cucumber and other vegetables to be used into small pieces
- Place your wholewheat wrap onto a plate and place an appropriate potion of your ingredients into the center of it, allowing space on the sides for rolling/folding
- Crumb the feta over the vegetable and bean mix
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and fold